A. PRIESTS’ ONGOING FORMATION: This comes up on 23rd September, 2021 at St. Anthony’s Parish, Ogbodu Enugu-Ezike at 10am. The Lay members of the Diocesan Pastoral Council are also invited.
B. ROSARY PEOCESSION: Fr. Bishop has directed that henceforth all parishes and chaplaincies in our Diocese should organize regular Rosary processions within the parishes and chaplaincies, at least once a week, praying for God’s intervention in the worsening Nigerian situation.
C. DIOCESAN MARIAN DAY CELEBRATION 2021: This will hold on 1 October 2021. It will begin at 8.00am with exposition of the Blessed sacrament for silent adoration. There will also be the opportunity for confessions. Mass begins at 10.00am. The celebration will be concluded in the parishes with candle light procession and the recitation of 20 decades of the Rosary as directed by the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of Nigeria.
FROM THE DIOCESAN SECRETARIAT
- INTER-DIOCESAN TRIBUNAL ENUGU: The president Rev. Fr. Frank Considine (O.C.D.) requests the presence of the following people for some important information at the Tribunal office. 1, Ekwueme Celestine vs. Jane Edoga, 2. Ezea, Roseline Ezinne vs. Agu Casmir, 3. Ekeh, Theodora Ifeoma vs. Ugwu, Newman Chinweoke. 4, Onu, Stella Obinauju vs. Ugwuele, Stephen Ejike.
Rev. Fr. Frank Considine O.C.D — President
- DIOCESAN MARIAN DAY CELEBRATION: The Catholic Diocese of Nsukka invites you for her Marian day celebration coming up on Saturday 1st October, 2021. We solicit for your congratulatory message and advert for the brochure. All the deaneries and Parishes especially Marian Societies are mandated to send their congratulatory messages to Seminarian in bulletin office on or before 16th September, 2021. Advert rate; Back cover – 50,000, inside front cover 50,000, inside back cover 40,000, full page 20,000, half page 10,000, quarter page 5,000, passport size 1,000. Rev. Fr. Hilary Ogbaka – Chairman Advert committee
- DIOCESAN APOSTLESHIP OF PRAYER, LEAGUE OF THE SACRED HEART JESUS: Meets on 25/9/21 at St. James’ Parish Ette, Aji deanery, at 9:30am. Bus leaves Cathedral at 8am. Parishes are requested to submit the data of their Parish as follows: Number of adult members, number of EYM members, number of promoters, number of enrolled families, number of consecrated members. Parishes should endeavour to pay up their 2020/2021 budgets and other levies, and submit the proceeds from EWC, Appeal fund cards, Appeal support letters and DECO seasoning. Rev. Fr. John Makata – Chaplain
- DIOCESAN LECTORS (LAY READERS’): Meeting/Seminar holds on Saturday 25/9/21 at the Cathedral Podium by 10am with Holy Mass.
Rev. Fr. Felix Mamah – Chaplain
- DIOCESAN MARIAN SOCIETY: Due to on-going formation of Nsukka Diocesan Priests on Thursday, 23/9/21 the meeting of Diocesan Chaplains of Marian Societies and their lay representatives is shifted to hold on Wednesday, 22/9/21 at St. Michael’s Parish Agbamere, Eha-Alumona at 3:30pm. Rev. Fr. Ambrose Azegba
- DIOCESAN MUSIC COMMISSION: Holds general meeting on 25/9/21 at Ikem Deanery by 11am. Bus moves from Cathedral by 10am. Rev. Fr. Emma Asogwa – Chaplain
- DIOCESAN WIDOWS’ ASSOCIATION: Meets on Saturday, 25/9/21 at Cathedral Podium at 10am prompt. All the Parishes are expected to be duelly represented as we are expecting some philanthropists in our midst. Please come with your monthly dues. Rev. Fr. Cornelius Obe – Chaplain
- ADANI DEANERY CYON: Holds her annual retreat at Sacred Heart Parish Nkpologwu from 23rd to 26th Sept. 2021. All the CYON of the deanery both Home and Abroad are expected to come. Parish presidents take note. Arrival: 4pm on Thursday.
Rev. Stanley Nnamani – Chaplain
- AKU DEANERY CMO: Meets on 25/9/21 at St. John the Evangelist Parish Ejuona Aku by 2pm. Attendance is mandatory on all concerned.. Rev. Fr. Emma Agboke – Chaplain
- AKU DEANERY CYON: Meets on 2/10/21 at St. Gabriel’s Parish Obie, Aku. Parishes are encouraged to come with their outstanding debts. Rev. Fr. Jude Ezeh – Chaplain
- EHA-ALUMONA DEANERY ALTAR BOYS ASSOCIATION: Meets on Saturday, 25/9/21 at Immaculate Heart Parish Eha-Alumona at 10am. Parishes are to send 3 candidates to represent their parish. Rev. Fr. Gabriel otegbulu
- IBAGWA-ANI DEANERY CHURCH WARDEN: Meets on 25/9/21 at St. Boniface Parish Okpaligbo by 10am. Any member who fails to attend the meeting will pay a fine. Rev. Fr. Benson Chidiebere Asogwa – Chaplain
- IBAGWA-ANI DEANERY MARY LEAGUE: Meets on 25/9/21 at Immaculate Heart Parish Ejuona Obukpa by 10am prompt. Rev. Fr. Cyril Onyishi
- IKEM DEANERY CMO: Meets on 25/9/21 at St. Paul’s Parish Mbu Agudene by 10am. Rev. Fr. Boniface Ezugwu – Chaplain
- NSUKKA DEANERY OF ST. ANTHONY: Meets on Saturday, 25/9/21 at St. Peter’s Umuoyo (COSPAM) at 10am Prompt. Rev. Fr. Anthony Ik Eze
- CENTENARY! The grand finale of the centenary celebration of Legion of Mary holds on the 1st October, 2021. The event starts with Holy Mass by the Father Bishop by 10am, other centenary activities follow immediately after the mass. Spiritual directors of Presidia and Councils and all Legionaries in Nsukka Diocese let make it success. Rev. Fr. Philip Okoro
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT CENTER: Informs the public that her Holiday/Regular trainings on computer software, hardware maintenance/repair, Networking and programming are ongoing. Register with us at the Catholic Secretariat Nsukka and develop proficiency in ICT in less than 4 months.Call:08138390681, 07036225526. Mgt